For a long time I wanted to experiment with TypeScript and Electron. I chose to create a native file manager using these technologies: this looked like an interesting project with enough challenges.
- Split-view window
- Tabs support
- Fully keyboard controlled
- Fully localized (French & English available)
- Dark Mode with automatic detection (macOS Mojave)
- Open a terminal from any folder
- Plugin-based: local supported for now, ftp in the works
React-Explorer is written in TypeScript makes use of the following:
- Mobx: reactive state management
- Blueprintjs: a beautiful React UI toolkit
- CI testing with Travis, Jest, Cypress
I wrote about it here: Electron: how to configure NodeJS and runtime Chrome flags.
Full source code and Mac, Windows & Linux builds can be downloaded on GitHub.